- Large head of broccoli florets,cut into bite-sized pieces
- Large cauliflower florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 Red peper,small dice
- Cheddar cheese,cubed – as much as you like. Why do you want to limit cheese?
- Bacon,cooked crisp and crumbled, I really like bacon so I do 2 packets!
- One purple onion (or green onion), chopped
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream (or full-fat Greek yogurt)
- Sweetner to taste. I use 2 little packets of my PnP brand.
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- I like to grill the bacon in the oven until nice a crispy, set aside to cool (keep that fat rendering in a jar for another time, like Granny used to do!)
- While that is cooking, wash and chop your veggies. I like to put the cauliflower in the mircrowave for a couple of minutes. Not too long at all, maybe 3-5 minutes depending on how big the florets are.
- Mix all the ingrediates in a bowl.
- Toss the all salad ingredients together with the veg,
- Stir in the dressing. I use a little less initially, keep the rest for just before you serve.
- Put this salad in the fridge, tastes best if left for a bit, so could be made the night before or several hours before you intend eating.
The left over dressing you can either pour over just before serving, or leave on the side for guests to help themselves.
I love nuts, so that could also be sprinkled on just before you serve.
Left overs can be kept for several days and I love it with shredded chicken.
Oh My Goodness Me…… I want some now!
Photo credit to LowCarbMaven.com