This little gem was shared with me back in March 2016 – I know because the recipe was sent via Whatsapp! Lol! Thanks Darling Dewald
Now its not strictly low carb – but it packs a summer freshness that makes it all kinds of good!!!
- 1 Bag of petit pois
- 2 Wheels of feta
- Handful of dry roasted almonds
- half a handful of finely chopped mint
- Handful of finely chopped spring onion
- 1 Large avo
- Dissolve half a teaspoon of salt into 1 salad spoon of red wine vinegar
- Mix this briny solution with 2 salad spoons of good olive oil (Willow creek is good)
- Cover the frozen peas with boiling waster for several minutes, throw the water out and repeat.
- Then rinse in cold water – we want the peas defrosted but still with a bit of bite.
- Mix in the cubed feta, roasted almonds, mind and spring onion.
- Pour over the dressing
This definitely does have a carb count.. just try not eat the whole bowl